The BCWA maintains a Wine Industry Advisory Committee representing wineries of different sizes, and different regions, reflecting the diversity in wineries and wine production. The members of the WIAC are voted on by our members at the BCWA annual general meeting. All voting members are entitled to vote for one of the groups to which that member belongs.
This Committee determines a slate of independent directors for our board, acts as a liaison between the province’s wine industry and our Board of Directors, and recommends amendments to the Regulation.
Current members are:
- Nathan Todd, Foxtrot Winery – Okanagan and Similkameen Valleys
- Julian Scholefield, Okanagan Crush Pad Winery – Okanagan and Similkameen Valleys
- Derek Kontkanen, Constellation Brands – Large Wineries (over 1,250 tons)
- Ezra Cipes, Summerhill Pyramid Estate Winery – Mid-sized Wineries (250 to 1,250 tons)
- Bailey Williamson, Blue Grouse Estate Winery – Vancouver Island & Gulf Islands
- Galen Barnhardt, Monte Creek Ranch Winery – Fraser Valley and Other Regions